A monthly penalty of KES 250 is surcharged for any payment made after the 9th of every month. To pay the penalty, use the following steps:
1. Go to the Mpesa menu, click on Lipa na Mpesa then Pay Bill.
2. Enter 200222 as the NHIF Business Number.
3. Enter your National ID as the Account Number and add the letter ‘y’ at the end i.e. 12345678y.
4. Enter KES 250 for every month defaulted e.g. if you have defaulted for 4 months enter KES 1,000 as the amount.
5. Enter your PIN Number.
6. You will receive a message confirming that you have successfully paid the penalty.
Kindly note that penalties are only surcharged to self-employed members
*Safaricom Terms & Conditions Apply