Every registered NHIF self-employed member is required to make a monthly contribution of KES 500 to their accounts. Existing members are required to pay before the 9th of every month to avoid penalties. To make monthly contributions, use the following steps:
1. Go to the Mpesa menu, click on Lipa na Mpesa then Pay Bill.
2. Enter 200222 as the NHIF Business Number.
3. Enter your National ID as the Account Number.
4. Enter KES 500 for every month you wish to pay for or KES 6,000 if you wish to pay for the whole year .
5. Enter your PIN Number.
6. You will receive a message confirming that you have successfully paid the penalty.
Kindly note that you are supposed to use your ID Number and not your Member Number
*Safaricom Terms & Conditions Apply